Buying presents for a baby shower can be daunting – especially if you have no idea what babies need! So, you may end up struggling to answer questions, such as: Should you buy clothes: big clothes and little clothes; blue or pink, or gender-neutral clothes? Should you go for toys, books? Can you read to babies? Or maybe you keep up with nappies or a pair of cute shoes? Do babies wear shoes? What’s a muslin wrap? Why do babies need sleeping bags? Are they going camping? Be sure that you will find all these so confusing and hard when making a choice! There are a few things to take into consideration when choosing a baby shower gift:
Ask if there is a registry:
This is probably the easiest way to start your search for a baby shower gift. A record or wish list lets you quickly determine what the couple needs, what they want and their taste. You can purchase baby gear directly off the registry, or use it as a jumping-off point for finding a unique gift that suits
Boy, girl or a surprise:
When you purchase a baby shower gift, you always want to consider the gender of the baby. While butterflies and kittens are cute for a little girl, they probably won’t be appropriate for a little boy, nor would fire trucks and footballs be for a little girl. If the parents don’t know the gender of the baby, look for baby clothes, toys, and other products in gender-neutral colors and patterns.
Consider the season:
Consider the time of year the baby will be born. Winter babies will need warm, snuggly clothes and accessories to keep them warm, while summer babies will need lighter clothing and sunhats. If you’re buying larger sizes of clothes, the baby can wear months down the road, think what season it will be when the baby is six, nine or 12 months old, and buy accordingly.
Go for practical:
Every new baby will need baby bottles, pacifiers and a seemingly endless supply of diapers. Give the parents a hand by purchasing some of these items as a baby shower gift. Itty-bitty outfits and stuffed animals are cute but practical, and everyday objects will help the parents take care of their new baby from day to day
Bigger is better:
New parents receive a lot of newborn clothing as baby shower gifts, but not a lot of clothes for the later months. The fact is that infants grow out of their newborn clothes very quickly and need more clothes for the following months. If you give clothes as a baby shower gift, consider purchasing clothes sized for six months to 24 months.
After considering the above suggestions, here is a helpful baby shower gift ideas for those of you who aren’t quite sure what present you should buy a mum-to-be!
- 1 Uliels Baby Keepsake Set with Memory Book, Footprint, Box Frame & Hanging Frames
- 2 Bubzi Co Baby Nasal Aspirator for Sinus Congestion Relief, Reusable Booger Snot Sucker for Smart Moms, Bonus Storage Case, Premium Mucus Extractor for Cold and Flu, Gentle Nose Cleaner Suction Infants
- 3 Aveeno Baby Daily Bath Time Solutions Gift Set To Prevent Dry Skin
- 4 Baby Teething Toys, FDA Approved BPA-Free Soft Silicone Fruit Teether Set with Pacifier Clip/ toddler and infants
- 5 DBPOWER Digital Video Recorder Baby Monitor System with 4.3-Inch Color LCD Screen, Remote Camera Pan-Tilt-Zoom, Lullaby, Night Vision, Two Way Audio and Recording, Includes Compatible Mount Shelf
- 6 Conclusion
Uliels Baby Keepsake Set with Memory Book, Footprint, Box Frame & Hanging Frames
- Bring the perfect shower gift for expecting mothers and fathers—a 4-PIECE BABY KEEPSAKE SET.
- “Baby’s First Year” records essential first events on 60 fully-illustrated pages while the box frame displays the book safely and conveniently.
- Show off that angel with the 10-piece hanging frameset and preserve his or her handprint or footprint in no-mess, air-dry clay.
- Years from now, you and your child will look back and share those first-year memories through this keepsake set.
- Memory book features super cute design with pretty pages you’ll enjoy writing on such as All About Mommy/Daddy; How Mom and Dad Met; family tree; pregnancy memories; baby shower; Baby’s World; On the way; Here I am; baby’s firsts; growth records; memories and birthdays; My world; My Favorites; My First Day of School
- Dimension: 10 x 2 x 9.8 inches
- Weight: 2 pounds
- Color: a wide range of colors
- Material type: paper print
- Other technical details: no batteries required
Who/what it’s for
Perfect shower gift for boys and girls
- the photo frames included are adorable
- The format of this book will allow you to fill in what is relevant to you and then put pictures over things that you may not fill in.
- great blank pages in the back of the book for notes, thoughts and any other little notions
- the design is charming and unique
- lots of space to write & add pictures
- the picture frames are colorful and perfect for both genders
- the binding is not sturdy enough
- not for “everyone”, for all skin types babies
- the string for hanging ht photos is not of a high quality
Uliels baby keepsake set is the shower gift that expecting mothers and fathers will love and use. First, preserve your angel’s handprint or footprint in simple-to-use, no-mess and air dry clay. Then record all the important firsts and other stories in Baby’s First Year. Finally, fill your home or office with photos of your little boy or little girl with the 10-piece hanging frameset.
Bubzi Co Baby Nasal Aspirator for Sinus Congestion Relief, Reusable Booger Snot Sucker for Smart Moms, Bonus Storage Case, Premium Mucus Extractor for Cold and Flu, Gentle Nose Cleaner Suction Infants
Cold weather always brings all types of colds that are followed by stuffed noses, which your children hate to deal with. This item is a MUST HAVE because it provides instant relief by removing nasal congestion caused by colds, flues, and allergies in just 30 seconds or less to protect your baby’s health. It won’t irritate baby’s nose. Hospital grade soft silicone tip is designed to fit comfortably into your baby’s nose; Hospital grade snot sucker is BPA-Free and contains no harmful plastics.
Maximum comfort, easy control – designed for parents that don’t know what they are doing. This simple nasal aspirator helps you clear child congestion fast without causing any extra discomfort. No more worrying about mold or making your baby sick unlike traditional nose bulb aspirators, plus no need for filters like nose Frida or electric aspirators. This product was created to provide fast relief of nasal congestion in babies. That way your baby can go back to what they do best— be adorably cute and happy. This is a product worth sharing.
- Dimension: 1.8 x 1.2 x 0.5 inches
- Weight: 2.4 ounces
- Color: blue
- Material type: silicon an plastic
- Other technical details: no batteries required, easy to disassemble and clean – cleans in second, just put under running water. After each use, rinse nasal aspirator with clean water and dry thoroughly. Keep in the included case for clean and convenient storage when not in use.
Who/what it’s for (Unisex) Helps alleviate the symptoms of colds and flues that inevitably come often to babies.
- It is effortless to assemble and take apart for cleaning.
- It is easy to use, and you do not need to continue to buy additional parts or filters to use this multiple times.
- It has a small clear case for storage so you can spot it quickly in the medicine cabinet, under the sink, or diaper bag
- the tip that is inserted near the opening of the nasal passage is soft enough not to bother your baby or toddler
- it can be used for adults too
- the part that you put on the baby’s nostril is soft and gentle and does not hurt or poke the baby’s nose
- the tube is not long enough; the short length means you have to pin the baby and also stoop down to their level
- the mucus may get into the mouth when sucking
- the lack of the filter may not be the issue, but the hose for the mouth is right at the opening where the boogers funnel down to the reservoir
- the hole at the tip is a bit small
It fits perfectly at your child’s nasal cavity, and the material is soft plastic and malleable. The tubing is not too long, so it works very quickly and efficiently. You will see that the baby will not fuss much with this one. You will have to act like it is no big deal, and don’t show your nervousness. Especially if you have a toddler. They can sense it like a raptor.
This is easy to use, and reuse. There is no need to buy additional parts to continue to use it. It is easy to clean. The case makes it easy to store, and find. It is an excellent gift for new parents.
Price: $14.97 + Free shipping with Amazon Prime
Aveeno Baby Daily Bath Time Solutions Gift Set To Prevent Dry Skin
The Aveeno Baby Bathtime Solutions Gift Set includes everything you need for your baby’s bath, helping you care for your little one’s delicate skin with a special bonus for you. The wicker carrier has everything you need for your baby’s bath, including Baby Wash & Shampoo, Baby Calming Comfort Bath, Baby Daily Moisture Lotion, and Stress Relief Body Wash for mom. Recommended by pediatricians, Aveeno Baby products are formulated with natural oatmeal to moisturize delicate skin gently.
- Dimension: 5.3 x 9.2 x 8.7 inches
- Weight: 3.1 pounds
- Color: no color, no scent
- Other technical details: Pediatrician and Dermatologist Recommended,
- No Toxins, Dyes, Parabens, Phthalates, Steroids, Formaldehydes, Fragrances, PEG and Drying Alcohol, Nut- and Dairy-Free.
Aveeno Baby Wash & Shampoo Safety Tips: Keep this product out of reach of children. Aveeno Baby Daily Moisture Lotion. For external use only. Do not use on deep or puncture woods; animal bites; severe burns. When using this product do not get into eyes. Stop use and ask a doctor if condition worsens; symptoms last more than seven days or clear up and occur again within a few days. Keep out of reach of children. If swallowed, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center immediately. Aveeno Baby Calming Comfort Bath Safety Warning: Keep this product out of reach of children. Do not use without consulting a doctor if the child has asthma or allergies or there is a family history of either. Severe breathing problems could occur. Aveeno Stress Relief Body Wash Safety Tips: This is not a toy. Keep out of reach of children. Discard all packaging materials immediately after opening.
Who/what it’s for
Designed for Baby’s Sensitive Skin. This baby gift set is an ideal gift for new and expecting moms.
- baby friendly
- no tears
- smells very nice
- large bottles
- body wash for mother leaves skin feeling smooth and relaxed
- excellent price for a set
- It may go some babies’ skin irritated, and it is necessary to read the list of ingredients!
Finally, there is no need anymore for buying separate products for your baby. Everything you need for your baby’s bath. Efficient selection of products. Perfect for a baby and if he does not react to the products. The smell is a faint sweet smell and not overpowering, and you will love the bonus stress relief body wash for mommy! Great kit for any mommy to be or new mommy! It is also a great deal and perfect shower gift!
Baby Teething Toys, FDA Approved BPA-Free Soft Silicone Fruit Teether Set with Pacifier Clip/ toddler and infants
- 100% SAFETY: Each of our entirely FDA compliant teethers are carefully made with 100% Food Grade Soft and Chewable Silicone for the comfort and safety of babies. The materials are FDA approved, BPA-free, Toxin-free, and Dishwasher and Freezer Safe.
- SOLVE BABIES’ TOOTH PAIN: When babies start to develop then causes soreness and discomfort. Our teething toys gently massage the gums and stimulate teeth growth, and they can keep your babies from suffering.
- UNIQUE DESIGNS: Fruit Trees design, peaches, orange, strawberry, pineapple and grapes with the pacifier clip. The teething toys like babies’ gift, it is perfect for a baby shower.
- SIMPLE TO GRIP HANDLE: When Babies teeth start to grow, babies want to pick up objects to their mouths to try to ease any soreness they’re felling. Our teeth toys come with wide handles, so it is easy for baby to grip.
- PACIFIER CLIP: Two-sided thick nylon ribbon helps keep the teeters off the floor and in their hands, our clips are safe for your baby.
- Dimension: 4.9 x 2 x 5.1 inches
- Weight: 7.2 ounces
- Color: colorful (every toy has a different color)
- Material type: 100% Food Grade Soft and Chewable Silicone
- Other technical details: Easy to clean, hygienic, they can be placed in the freezer to add a cooling effect or placed in the dishwasher to wash.
- Before using it. Please put them in hot water 1 minute for disinfecting.
- Each time after using, please clean it in warm soapy water and put it in an airy place.
- Do not tie pacifier clip around child’s neck as it presents a strangulation danger.
- Must be used under adult supervision.
Who/what it’s for For teething, for educational purposes, like learning colors and fruits
- They are either a boy or a girl.
- The colors are vibrant which makes them more interesting.
- Little ones hold them in their hands and can teeth on them.
- Washable and the pacifier are adorable.
- Great quality
- They are BPA free.
- Packaging is in a different language so if there are any warnings on it, and most will not be able to read.
- You may feel a kind of a smell
Your kids will love this, and you can be assured that they will spend time chewing on them and playing with them. They are a great size to fit into small hands. Each fruit has slightly different textures, so a little one has options. Even a tiny baby will be able to move it around and chew on it, and the older ones will enjoy teething on them as well, but they will also start to practice colors and the name of the fruits. It’s fun to hear them say grapes and strawberry and be right. And also, as children like to play, they will surely enjoy having one in each hand and making them talk to each other. These are very bendable so that the kids can chew away. Each teethes comes in its package, which means it can be split up between people, or have some to use as a gift.
DBPOWER Digital Video Recorder Baby Monitor System with 4.3-Inch Color LCD Screen, Remote Camera Pan-Tilt-Zoom, Lullaby, Night Vision, Two Way Audio and Recording, Includes Compatible Mount Shelf
Night shifts can be the most difficult times after having your baby, so you might be looking for ways to ease these periods when you have to have a very sensible night sleep. That is why you need to have such an accessory, and if you were asked to write a baby shower gift list, then this is one item you must include. It has a friendly user interface on rechargeable battery operated parent unit. Room temperature monitor and alert, two-way talk, nightlight, lullaby, sound activated LED lights. Supports up to 32GB TF card (Not included) and sound-triggered automatic video recording function. Supports up to 4 cameras, and can monitor activities on four cameras at the same time. Beep warning volume can be turned down/off. You can mount the camera for a better viewing position; Rotate 270° in horizontal and 110° vertical. Transmitting distance is up to 1,000 ft (Line of sight, no obstructions).
- Dimension: 8 x 4.5 x 5.9 inches
- Weight: 1,8 pounds
- Color: white
- Other technical details: batteries required
Who/what it’s for For keeping records of baby’s room and inform parents about baby’s needs
- Set up was very easy
- You can see everything super nice and clear
- You can see, hear and talk to your kids when they are in the living room and you are in the kitchen, and you can add more cameras to put in other rooms
- If you want to record video, you’ll need to purchase a card, since it doesn’t have internal memory
- You have to mount the camera yourself
If you have a touch of the separation anxiety, so this is perfect, you can wake up throughout the night and look over to make sure that the baby/toddler is okay. It also helps that you can talk to your kids and reassures them that everything is ok, rather than going into the room and being conned into staying.
Baby showers are a joyous event for both the soon-to-be parents and the guests. Giving the guests of honor the perfect gift can make the experience even more special. Before making a purchase, remember to check out the registry to get on the right track. After getting a sense of their taste and style, choose a gift that the new parent(s) will remember. Try to be as creative as possible and don’t forget to add a gift card where you will write the best wishes so that when the baby will be big enough to understand your message, he will have not just a memory, but a real treasure!