Pop-up privacy tent is one of the best solutions for having in order to spend your private time. Great for changing dress, portable camping shower or outdoor toilet privacy room.
I am mostly convinced of the fact that you like me encountered various inconveniences regarding your privacy while going on camping, fishing, or to the forest, group excursion and the beach.
In some cases, we need to go far enough to have our privacy time such as changing clothes, take shower or use the facilities.
For many years, I had the same problem while going on camping, if I needed to take shower and change clothes I had to go to a forest if I could find one nearby. It is not such a big pleasure to wash using a plastic bottle and every 5-second to look around if there is not someone near.
Not long ago, I discovered the so-called privacy shelters. Therefore, I decided to share my experience. I will not recommend only one model, because you need to make your own decision. In order to help you with making a quicker decision, I created the “Best pop-up privacy tents” list.
Privacy tents are the ideal solution as a portable camping shower, for being used on the beach as a portable dress changing room and as an outdoor toilet private room. If you look at the privacy tents, which are being used by staff at a concert, it is also clear that it is a great solution. Dancers at an outdoor concert will find these tents very helpful.
- 1 Comparison table of pop up privacy tents
- 2 How to choose right pop-up privacy tent
- 3 1. Texsport Deluxe – Editor’ choice (Best Portable Shower Tent)
- 4 2. Lightspeed Outdoors Xtra Wide Quick Set Up Privacy Tent
- 5 3. Leapair Pop-Up Shower Tent – Cheap Solution
- 6 4. Ozark Trail Instant 2-Room Shower/Changing Shelter Outdoor ()
Comparison table of pop up privacy tents
|Name||Lightspeed Outdoors||Texsport Deluxe||Leapair Pop-Up Tent||Ozark Trail Instant 2-Room|
|Folded dimension||41″ x 6.5″||32″ x 10″ x 8″||22″ diameter||42.91″ x 7.87″ x 7.87″|
|Unfolded dimension||61″ x 61″ x 80.7″||87″H x 46″ x 46″||75″ x 40″ x 40″||70″ h x 35″ w|
|Weight||16 lbs||20 pounds||super lightweight (not indicated by seller)||20 pounds|
|Check Price||Check Price||Check Price||Check Price|
How to choose right pop-up privacy tent
- Pop-up privacy tents are good for any season, so you cannot worry about that. The wind will be the only weak side of these tents. While developing my list I decided to focus only on tents with metal mounting stakes. If they are not fixed, they can be carried away by the wind because they are extremely lightweight and have bad aerodynamics.
- If you use a car while camping then the weight is not important. If you are backpacking then it should be no more than 5 pounds, a large weight will make you tired very quickly.
- Most of the tents manufacturers use the same materials. The weakest part is the zipper, it can be damaged easily, but if you use it carefully then it can work forever, cheaper zippers can be of a low quality. In many cases, the materials used for poles are of super lightweight aluminum, fiberglass or lightweight carbon fiber. Aluminum is not elastic, if you will bend it, it will not back to its initial shape. Carbon plastic is almost elastic, if you will bend it a little, it will come to its initial shape.
- Manufactures develop different models with a unique design and a variety of colors and accessories. A great variety will help you to choose what you like. Some tents have also a variety of colors, so you can also make your choice.
- All tent accessories are for helping you to choose what inconveniences you would like to get rid of. All tents described in this list have the minimum needed features, for changing clothes, camp shower, and use of facilities.
1. Texsport Deluxe – Editor’ choice (Best Portable Shower Tent)
A universal solution for a large variety of uses. Whenever you need a privacy time or time for yourself, or time for a shower, the Texsport Deluxe Privacy Shelter is just the type of tent that will serve your basic needs.
This privacy tent is on your duty, is made from polyurethane coated taffeta walls and rainfly with rip-stop polyethylene floor that can be removed when you need. Floor space is 4’6” x 4’6”, the largest space of any privacy tent.
8.7’ height will make even tall people feel comfortable without having to hunch over.
If you look inside, on top you will find a solar shower bag holder (the shower bag is included), the maximum weight of the shower bag is up to 5 gallons and the manufacturer does not recommend holding bags with more weight. Top mesh allows the fresh air to circulate. If you put the shower bag on holder for an hour or more, the water will warm up.
Do not hang a full water shower bag until you are not ready to shower and do not fill them all way up. The metal frame is weak and if you hold the full bag for a long time, it can bend. If you plan to hold the bag for warming up the water, then use 3 gallons of water, it is more secure. 3 gallons of water can be held for more than 12 hours without any problem.
Inside, the mesh pockets can hold your shower accessories, toilet paper or soap. An outside removable hanging bar is also included. If you plan to change clothes, inside there is no hanger for clothes and there is nothing, except the floor, where you can put your clothes. Keeping a stool inside will help you to find a solution to this problem.
If you have experience in assembling tents then this tent will be a piece of cake. Setup is very easy, so you can spend no more than 5 minutes to assemble it. Two people will find it easier to assemble it; you will need someone on the opposite side to position the legs to make it even. On uneven ground, you can use the stakes to compensate for stability.
It dries very fast and the material does not absorb water.
2. Lightspeed Outdoors Xtra Wide Quick Set Up Privacy Tent
Pre-threaded telescopic poles is a huge advantage. You do not need to assemble the tent from a huge amount of separated pieces.
One person can assemble this shelter in no time. Experienced people can assemble it in less than one minute, non-experienced can assemble this tent in less than three minutes.
When being open, the two-zipper panel at the top of the tent allows the air out of the shelter and this is great.
When compared to Texsport Deluxe tent type, this shelter has clothes hanger inside. Therefore, you can easily change your clothes. The hanger is in the form of a flexible long line.
Good quality clips can hold up well without any tears.
On top, you can hold a shower bag up to 3 gallons. Shower bag is not included. The manufacturer highly recommends to not putting a shower bag bigger than 3 gallons because the shelter can be damaged.
Inside, I found two large mesh pockets for holding soap, shampoo or something else you may needs
A well-designed floor for you to clip it up or down. For shower or changing clothes, you can clip it down without getting your feet dirty.
This shelter is not waterproof; if it will start raining then you will not be able to hide from it. The clipped floor is also not waterproof.
3. Leapair Pop-Up Shower Tent – Cheap Solution
In my opinion, it is a perfect choice for short time camping and almost ideal for backpacking. Best to use it as Pop Up changing tent or outdoor toilet.
This shelter is good for changing clothes, for using facilities. However, there is not a shower bag holder because it was not designed for that propose. The frame is not very resistant to load and it will bend quickly.
You can take shower, but you will need to buy a gravity shower bag for that and get the nozzle of it through the opposite side-zipped window. It also has a hanging pocket directly underneath this small zipper that will hold a small shampoo and soap.
I think it will be great if the manufacturer will make a zipper on the top of the tent for this shelter and in this way, the shower can be directly above you.
The material is polyester + rust resistant flexible steel frame for an easy pop-up. You can use four metal mounting stakes for good stability for windy weather condition.
This shelter does not have floor, this is a big disadvantage for shower time. During shower time, you will get your feet dirty, however, if you buy polyester bottom you can avoid that.
4. Ozark Trail Instant 2-Room Shower/Changing Shelter Outdoor ()
This privacy tent has two rooms, 75” x 35” unfolded. Setup is easy you can do it by yourself, but an extra hand will speed-up the assembling process.
The floor on both rooms, 5-gallon shower bag included one room for changing clothes, the second room for the shower. The showerer room has a mesh drain floor; it helps water to drain off.
Inside the Ozark Trail 2 room non instant shower tent, there are mesh pockets where you can put in a soap, shampoo or what you may need. Inside, you can also find the clothes hanger; this hanger represents a rigid bar.
List of all features:
- Sets up in seconds
- Includes 5-gallon solar-heated shower
- Privacy coated fabric
- 2 rooms: showering space and changing/utility room
- Mesh room for ventilation
- 2 windows
- Towel rack
- Toiletries holder
- Removable rainfly included
- Mesh drain in shower room
- Material content: polyester/steel
I consider this shelter to be perfect for big group camping. For a small family, up to three members or if for a small group than it will be too expensive. This privacy tent is very popular within non-governmental organizations.
I tried to review the best privacy shelters that will cover many needs on your privacy time. As you can see, I tried to make the most unbiased review.
Before choosing the shelter that is perfect for you, I highly recommend to write a list of features that you are looking for in a privacy tent.
How to choose a pop-up privacy tent:
- How will you move to different locations?
- How important is the weight for you?
- How often do you go on camping (vacation)?
- How often do you need privacy time?
- What is the number of people that will use it?
- Is shower feature important for you?
- On average, how many days take your vacation?
If you have your additional questions, you can add them by, please, write them in the comment section. I will add them to this list.
By answering these questions, you can create a general overview of your perfect pop-up privacy tent.