The juicing process is a very pleasant procedure, but the maintenance of juicer and its cleaning require a special attention. Unfortunately, this step is necessary and indispensable. Learn everything that will prove to be useful to you in washing the juicer. Finally, look at this question and understand why juicers’ cleaning is so important…
Why juicers’ cleaning is so important?
The answers are as follow:
- OUR HEALTH – because of the pulp of the raw stuff, which remains in the dirty juicer, is the excellent breeding ground for bacteria, mold and other microorganisms. They get into the juice when squeezing it in the previously uncleaned juicer. Please, have a look at the picture below. What do you think? Would anyone dare to drink juice from a dirty juicer?
- JUICER’S LONGEVITY – the rest of juice and raw stuff, which is drying in the juicer, makes brown limescale, which works like a “sandpaper”, furthering the damage of its parts.
- FOR ITS HIGHER PERFORMANCE – if a sieve is not cleaned thoroughly after its use in the juicer, the fibers, accumulated in his micro holes, will dry up and clog them. The sieve with clogged micro holes is unable to squeeze the juice properly.
Analyzing different questions
- There is no juicer in the world that does not require cleaning. Every juicer, even the most expensive, should be dismantled after being used and then cleaned thoroughly.
- You must not clean the juicer in a dishwasher out of two reasons. First, juicers have rubber pads that could be destroyed under the influence of hot water and powerful detergents. Secondly, the dishwasher is incapable to clean the hard-to-reach places of juicer’s certain parts (particularly in vertical juicers).
- Rinsing function on the run (self-cleaning) does not replace the cleaning of the juicer. The vertical models of juicer often have the “rinse on the go” function. It helps to get rid of the excess of accumulated pulp from the inside of the juicer’s case. Unfortunately, this type of rinsing is superficial and it will never remove particles from the hard-to-reach places.
When choosing a juicer, pay attention to the easiness of cleaning.
When we are faced with the choice of a juicer, we should consider its further cleaning. The juicers that win in squeezing productivity usually lose in the matter of cleaning or maintenance facility when compared to other types. It is good if we know about this in advance, and not losing our interest in juicing with time through the tedious cleaning of juicer.
You should ask yourself. Is the easiness of cleaning a very important aspect for me? If not, then the problem is solved. However, if we have little time or we are busy and we are interested to have such “uninteresting” issues like cleaning to be reduced to a minimum, it is necessary to look at juicers just from this point of view.
Regardless of price, brand, and other parameters, the types of juicers that will be the most appropriate for the purposes of cleaning are the horizontal juicers. Why? Because they have the simplest design, minimum of parts, gaskets and various hard-to-reach places. Their cleaning, as a rule, is a matter of 3-5 minutes.
Regardless of brand, price and other aspects, the vertical juicers are more difficult to be cleaned. They all have a very similar design, many hard-to-reach places where the residue of pulp accumulates when squeezing. They all have several pads (4 pcs.), which should be removed and dried out during the cleaning. In addition, they have items that are more specific. Their cleaning takes about 15 minutes.
Although there is not much difference between them and the vertical models, the twin-worm juicers are the most difficult to wash. The “culprit” of difficult cleaning is the sieve, which has many small holes. Every time you clean it, pay attention to micro holes to be cleaned. Otherwise, the fibers, amassed there, will dry and clog it and that will decrease the juicer’s efficiency quite significantly.
Prevention is better than cure…
A warm (not hot) water + droplet of dishwashing liquid + brush (is a part of the juicer’s kit) + cleaning right away after squeezing. That is the recipe for a clean, long-running and well-groomed juicer.
We know from our personal experience that, if you follow this simple advice, there will be no sediment on the juicer’s details and mold on its pads. Owing to this, our juice will be free from microorganisms and the juicer will have the same efficiency and productivity of squeezing even 10 years later.